Tuesday 30 December 2014

OCAtabs [UPDATED]

First of all, I’d like to say sorry for my silence. I have been going through tough times recently, and therefore had no inspiration strikes at all.. I really appreciate those people who messaged me asking what’s happening (even if I didn't reply). You made me feel so much better, showing me that my ocarina projects here are worth sharing. Thank you.

And now, I am posting my new revolutionary project - OCAtabs! Have you ever found that common ocarina tabs missing such important things as the duration of a note, song rhythm and pitch (how high or low the note is)?

I always had a dream to invent an extended ocarina tab system that will be both informative and fun to use. And here’s what I got!


"Jingle Bells" for 6 hole ocarina  (page 2 is coming soon!)

There is a chart key on the right below, which shows the note lengths (or durations). Same symbols can be found above each note, helping you to understand for how long you should blow into your ocarina.

You can see the song lyrics written below the notes. The notes were then placed on the simplified staff in a form of the coloured dots - that way people can get an idea of how high or low the note is. The lowest note will be placed on the lower line and the highest notes on the upper one! Now you can actually “feel” the flow of the melody!


OCAtabs variations:

6-hole Beginner / 6-hole Intermediate
12-hole Beginner / 12-hole Intermediate


So, what do you think? Please let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are pre-moderated, so they may not appear straight away.